Dalia El Metwally, M.A.
Teaching and students are Sr. Dalia’s passion. As Principal of Maryam Islamic Center School, she passes on her knowledge of Quran and Islam to teachers and students. When not working with primary school students, Sr. Dalia teaches a combined Research Methodology and English 101 class at Guidance College as well as English at the Wharton County Junior College, in Wharton Texas.
In addition to teaching, Sr. Dalia is also busy completing her Ph.D. at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in English with a concentration in Linguistics. With Allah’s grace, Sr. Dalia is fluent in English and Arabic and speaks conversational French.
- Ph.D. (ABD): Linguistics, Rhetoric, Early American Literature and Modern American Literature, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Master’s Degree: English, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Graduate Diploma: Applied Linguistics Institute of Applied Linguistics, Faculty of Arts, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Bachelors of Arts: English Language and Literature, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Adjunct English Language Instructor, Wharton County Junior College
- English 101: Research Methodology Lecturer, Guidance College
- Adjunct English Language Instructor, Louisiana State University at Eunice
- English Language Teacher in Adult Program, The Arab Academy for Science and Technology
- English Language Teacher in Adult Program, The British Council
- English Language Instructor, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Weekend School Teacher
- Crisis Support Coordinator
- Domestic Violence Victims’ Advocate