FIQ111 FIQH OF WORSHIP 1 (PURIFICATION & PRAYER)
This course focuses on the basic rules of purification and prayers that every Muslim must learn for the correctness of his/her Ibadah (worship) and the reflection of Purification. This include Wudu (ablution), Tayammum (dry ablution), rules of sexual impurity, Ghusl (washing the whole body), rules of funeral,..etc.
Course Code: FIQ111
Credit hours: 3
- Students will be able to state general and specific concepts of Ibadah (Worship), and its relationship with the whole system of Islam.
- Students will be able to write down the Fiqh rulings regarding Taharah (Purification), such as its conditions, the kinds of water used, Najasaat (Impurities), Istinja’ (Cleaning after going to the bathroom), purifying the body and clothes, Salah (prayer), and the different kinds of blood: Haidh (Menstruation), Istihadah (irregular bleeding) and Nifaas (Post-Childbirth Bleeding)
- Students will be able to summarize in their own words, the goals of Taharah and Salah in relation to the individual, the family, and the Ummah.
- At-Taharah (Purification) : This includes the ruling on purification, its division, its conditions Kind of water used, Najasaat (Impurities), Istinja’ (Cleaning after going to the bathroom), purifying the body and clothes, Haidh (Menstruation), and Nifaas (Post-Childbirth Bleeding)..etc.
- Wudhu (Ablution): This includes the obligatory parts of the ablution, the Sunnah acts of the ablution, nullification of ablution, Wiping over the socks, al-Ghusl (Body wash), and Tayammum (Dry ablution)..etc.
- Salah (Prayer): This includes Adhan (Call to prayer), ruling about Salah, its condition, its Arkaan (Obligatory acts of the prayer), the Sunnah acts of the prayer, Witr prayer, the late night prayer, the special prayer ( Taraweih, Istikharah, Istisqa and Kasuf), Juma’h prayer (Friday prayer), Salatul Jama’ah (Congregational prayer), and Salatul ‘Idain (EID Prayer)..etc.