Program fee: $2,750 Program includes:
- 75 hours of instruction
- 5 hours per day Twice a week Arabic Partner Sessions
- Two Cultural Trips-Day excursion, Overnight Excursion (meals included)
- Lunch provided during class days
- Cost of visa included
- All instructional materials provided
- Transportation to and from Muscat Airport
Part of Guidance College’s Associates, Bachelors, and Master’s Curriculum includes ASL 101.
Students can study ASL 101 in an online format per semester [4 months]Students who participate in the Learning Abroad Winter Program December 2018-January 2019 will obtain the same knowledge while experiencing a culturally enriching experience.
Please click on the link to view the curriculum. Basic Arabic 101
- Pre-Flight Form
Come early so you can enjoy the Main Capital City (with your own hotel reservation)
Get a connecting flight via Dubai so you can get to enjoy the city for 2-3 days (there are no direct flights to Oman)
You can get to Oman through many different airlines such as Qatar Airways, British Airways, American Airlines, Lufthansa … etc
- Arabic 1 (9th June – 4th July)
- Arabic 2 ( July, 7th – 1st August)
- The cost is per 3-credit hours. All course materials and textbooks are inclusive in the learning abroad program. Airfare NOT included.
Three weeks Three Credit Hours
Learning a language does not just happen in a classroom setting. Learning a language requires engaging native speakers, listening to the variance in tone and dialect.
The Learning Abroad Program is crafted so that students are learning in a cross-cultural environment.
Classroom work is just one part of the experience. As students explore Muscat and the surrounding area, they will speak Arabic with local shopkeepers and friendly Omani under the guidance of their teachers and local Arabic speaking partners. They will use skills learned in the classroom to read menus, road signs, and merchandise.
Day trips, overnight excursions, and cultural experiences are all designed to engage the students and build confidence while enjoying the sites, meeting new people and making life-long friends.