HAD111 ANALYTICAL INTERPRETATION OF HADEETH
This is a basic Hadeeth literature course. It teaches students the main lessons and rules could be deduced from the famous 40 Hadith collected by Imam Nawawi.
Course Code: HAD111
Credit hours: 3
memorize selected ahadeeth from an-Nawawi’s compilation. Llist extracted points of benefit, lessons, and derived rulings from an-Nawawi’s collection of hadeeth based on scholarly commentaries. Understand and write the difference between Hadith Literature & Hadith Methodology. Write a short essay on Imam an-Nawawee, highlighting his characteristics, life, main works, and the 40 Hadeeth collection. Create a small campaign/community project of their choice, to practically demonstrate their understanding and appreciation of one of the Sunan or points of benefit from one or more of the hadeeth. The campaign can be in a local Masjid, Islamic school, public school, neighborhood, work, or family. The aim, after strengthening their relationship with Allah is to improve their dealings with and educate others through the beauty of Islamic morals and the basic norms of Islam, Iman, and Ihsan. Campaigns can be in done in person or online, but ahadeeth used should be referenced. Campaigns must be pre-approved by the professor in advance.
All the 42 Hadith; text and commentaries.
Commentary of Forty Hadiths of An Nawawi by Dr. Jamal Ahmed Badi
Additional on-line Readings:
The links below are provided as a convenience for the students; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Guidance College of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Guidance College has no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
b) 40 Hadeeth
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments: 30% (10 assignments, 3% each)
- Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Final exam: 10%
- Oral exam: 20%
- Research paper: 20%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
1- A part of the course requirements is to submit a research paper, except for certain courses.
2- The chosen topic must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.
3- Joint project / research is allowed, up to 3 students, and upon the instructor’s approval.
4- The paper must meet the following requirements:
- Consider either MLA or APA guides for writing research papers
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadeeth, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
E-Library: Please log in with your user ID & password
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.