MAEF750 RISK MANAGEMENT IN ISLAMIC INSTITUTIONS
This course is intended to introduce students to Islamic risk management in the corporate world. The course would show the difference between Islamic thinking in the field of finance by shifting attunes toward risk/reward relation by enhancing the students’ awareness on general case studies and relate it to contemporary applications. This course is advanced risk management course and will discuss applied finance by studying practice.
Course Code: MAEF750
Credit hours: 3
- The students will be able to understand the meaning of risk management.
- The students will be able to understand the difference of Islamic risk management relative to conventional practice.
- The students will be able to understand the development by practitioners to apply the Islamic approach to risk management.
- The students will be able to understand the challenges which faces Islamic corporate structure.
The outline of the course will build an understanding to Islamic understanding of risk/reward corporate strategy.
- Definition of risk in the market place
- Form an understanding to the meaning and the the different types of risk
- The Challenges of globalization