Open to residents of the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia
- Must be a degree seeking student.
- Must be a new student to Guidance College
- May not have applied for other Guidance College financial aid
- High school diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of 3.0 CGPA (75%)
- Applicants must provide transcripts of their academic studies.
- Applicants who obtained their high school certificates from a non-English institution must demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement of purpose.
- Professional or voluntary work experience in a relevant field is required.
- A letter of recommendation from a professional, academic, or local community leader…
- Recipients of the scholarship must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale throughout their program.
- Must enroll in at least two courses per semester.
- Must be willing to participate in extracurricular activities that support the College’s mission and values.
- Recipients must adhere to the College’s code of conduct and academic policies.
All applicants for the scholarship must demonstrate a commitment to the study of Islam and Muslim communities in the West. This commitment can be demonstrated through community service, leadership activities, and previous coursework in Islamic studies. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our scholarship program. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at Guidance College.
|1||High school diploma or its equivalent||10%|
|2||A minimum CGPA of 3.0||5%|
|3||CGPA of 3.5||10%|
|4||CGPA of 4.0||10%|
|5||Demonstrated non-academic achievement in classical Islamic sciences (Ijaza in Quran, Hadith, or a related field)||20%|
|6||Leadership experience: Professional work in a relevant field||10%|
|Leadership experience: Voluntary work in a relevant field||5%|
|7||A letter of recommendation from a professional, academic, or local community leader||10%|
|8||Personal statement of purpose||10%|
|9||English language proficiency for non-native speakers [computer based]: |
· TOEFL score of 80 or above.
· IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
· Two years of study at an English-speaking institution
- Ten scholarships for prior exceptional academic performance and community involvement will begins in the Fall of 2023.
- Ten scholarships will be given per annum.
- In cases where there are more than ten applicants during one year, the top ten will be chosen per the scoring rubric.
- Each fall the applicant number will be reset.
- What does the scholarship cover? Two courses per semester
- Technology Fee: The technology fee is not covered
- Duration of Scholarship Scholarship is in effect for the remainder of the program as long as the student maintains minimum GPA of 3.5
- Incompletes: Incompletes void the scholarship
- Testing out: Testing out fees are not covered by the scholarship
- Directed Study: Students may not request directed study while they are scholarship applicants