Jobs & Opportunities For You!
Guidance College is Hiring!
Guidance College is an Islamic Institution of higher learning. The College is dedicated to providing a world class education in the study of Islam.
Guidance College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who work at Guidance College are dedicated and highly motivated academics and administrators.
The following positions are currently open:
Writing Lab Supervisor
Must have knowledge of Islam, and understanding of Fiqh and Shariah Law. Must live in the United States or Canada
Required: Masters in English
The Guidance College Writing Lab for Academic Research is seeking a supervisor to support students in researching, composing and preparing academic research papers for undergraduate and graduate course work. The Writing Lab at Guidance College offers tutoring in writing, grammar, punctuation, and the mechanics of APA. Students will meet with the writing lab supervisor over Zoom to discuss the structure, content, and analysis of research covering Islamic economics, finance, figh and other facets of Islam.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide writing support for students at all levels and all stages of the writing process.
- Assist students in one-on-one paper conferences over prep and college essays.
- Tutor in grammar, documentation, and formatting.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
Required: Masters in English
Other: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Required: Must have knowledge of Islam, and understanding of Fiqh and Shariah Law. Must live in the United States or Canada
Preferred: PhD in English, Community college experience teaching composition, research, and/or technical communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide a high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
Guidance College is an Islamic Institution of higher learning dedicated to providing a world class education in the study of Islam. The College is founded on the teaching of the Holy Quran and the Prophetic tradition (Sunnah), according to (Ahlu Al-Sunnah) denomination. Therefore, all courses and academic programs have this foundation in common with the goal of affecting a peaceful society.
The College offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Islamic Religious Studies, Education, and Economics & Finance.
Those who work at Guidance College are dedicated and highly motivated academics and administrators. A preferred faculty candidate must demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Islamic faith and follow the path of (Ahlu Al-Sunnah) denomination, practice personal and moral integrity, privately and publicly. be in accord with the mission, vision, strategic initiatives, and educational philosophy of the College. A member of and active in a local masjid.
The primary duty is compelling teaching at the undergraduate or graduate levels.
This faculty teaching instruction position is solely performed using remote synchronous technology. Campus courses are not offered.
Position: Adjunct Professor
Hours Per Week: – 1.5 hours, plus two office hours
Salary – determined by degree and course credits
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the Chief Academic Administrator
- The adjunct professor is responsible for presenting course materials in an organized manner with associated student learning outcomes, assignments, and evaluation/testing.
- The position requires teaching in the evenings and on Sundays. All course times are in Central Standard time.
- Professors are to maintain student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and must take a FERPA training course.
- Office hours, professors are required to be available 2 hours per week at a designated time for one-to-one student interaction and mentoring.
- Professors are required to used the discussion board feature in the learning management system.
- Professors are required to adhere to the course times and days that have been advertised.
- Professors are required to ensure that each and every student uses the online Guidance College library for at least one assignment.
- Professors must meet all deadlines per contract. This includes following course objectives, concluding a course and turning in grades on time.
- All professors must exhibit professional conduct and interaction with all members of the Guidance College community and avoid all manner of inappropriate actions and words that could be deemed as harassment or demeaning.
- Completed Ph.D. preferred or ABD acceptable (history and political science fields); Majors must be in Islamic religious studies with at least 18 credit hours.
- Extensive knowledge of Tafseer, Fiqh and the Hadith. Preferred PhD in Islamic studies, but will consider those candidates that have a Master’s in Islamic Studies with at least 18 credit hours in Islamic.
- Demonstrate ongoing responsiveness for improving professionally as well as classroom instruction technique for improving course learning outcomes and improving student learning.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior remote learning teaching experience.
ADDITIONAL HIRING REQUIREMENTS
- Unofficial transcripts must be attached to this application: www.guidancecollege.org/careers.
- Official transcripts must be sent to Human Resources upon hire.
- The completion of a satisfactory background check is required.
- Applicants whose transcripts are from institutions outside the United States are expected to provide a foreign credential evaluation at their own expense.
- All professors are expected to have a strong foundation in the English language at an academic research level. All student papers are submitted in APA format. Professors must have a familiarity with APA.
- Access to the internet, a personal computer, and telephone are required.
Guidance College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Islamic Economics & Finance Adjunct
Adjunct faculty serves as temporary part-time faculty and are appointed as needed on a semester-by-semester basis. The primary duty is effective teaching at the graduate level in the Guidance College Master of Arts Islamic Economics & Finance.
This faculty instruction position is solely performed using remote synchronous technology. There are no campus courses offered.
This position reports to the Chief Academic Administrator and is responsible for presenting course materials in an organized manner that are associated with student learning outcomes, assignments, and evaluation/testing; teaching evenings and weekends; maintaining classroom routines and student records (FERPA) using the campus LMS; being available for one (1) hour per week at a designated time for student interaction and mentoring using the LMS chat function; meet all deadlines per contract for concluding course and turning in grading and allowing time for a written student course evaluation toward the end of the course. All professors must exhibit professional conduct and interaction with all members of the Guidance College community and avoid all manner of inappropriate actions and words that could be deemed as harassment of demeaning.
Must have a proven background in Islamic Finance and Economics that includes a deep understanding of relevant Shariat law for this position.
See a job that’s a perfect fit for you? Fill out the application below!
If you are interested in working at Guidance College, but do not see the position you are looking for, we welcome proactive self starters– please feel free to fill out the application and attach your resume or CV and a cover letter of why you are interested in working at Guidance College. Your resume will be kept on file in case of future openings.