Degree seeking students may apply for credit transfer for any relevant courses they have taken with another institution of higher learning. With respect to Islamic courses, Islamic curriculum offered by Islamic colleges and universities in North America are generally identical or similar to the courses offered at Guidance College, therefore, students are able to transfer Islamic course credits in order to facilitate graduation.
Applicants should consider the following instructions:
- Student should log into Sycamore Campus to request credit transfer
- Credit Transfer form could not be submitted more than one time for the same course(s). Credit Transfer result is final.
- Both oral & written exams might be assessed upon the discretion of the Credit Transfer Committee.
- Minimum passing grade is 70% for each course.
- Call or email Student Affairs Department should you have any questions or concerns.
(713) 231-3791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible Course Credit Conditions
- Credit courses must be equivalent to Guidance College Degree Program course curriculum and requirements.
- For the Associate Degree, up to 32 hours will be accepted as a credit transfer, 64 for the Bachelor Degree, and 20 for the Master’s degree.
- High school courses are not transferable.
- Minimum Grade of 70% is required for a course to be eligible for Credit Transfer.
- Credit that is older than 10 years prior to the credit transfer application will be subject to an evaluation.
- Credit transfer will only be accepted for courses that are completed at a registered and licensed university in the US, preferably accredited, or a well-recognized institution if it is abroad.
- Any credits transferred from schools that use quarter systems will be adjusted to equate to semester credit.
** Guidance College can only accept up to 50% of the credits required to complete a specific degree program, whether through Credit Transfer, Credit by Exam, or Practice Evaluation Program.
- Click on the below link
- Use your credentials to login to your Sycamore Campus portal
- On the Homepage, under the News tab, find the Credit Transfer Form
- Complete the form and make sure to attach all relevant documents