FIQ221 FIQH OF TRANSACTIONS 1
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing leaders for the righteous people.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their graduate and undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.
This course is comprised of a study of the basic transactions according to the Islamic jurisprudence, and the conditions for their soundness. Only (Trade Transactions) will be covered in this course. The sound Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) is presented with authentic conclusive evidence. Where ever required modern day examples are mentioned and incorporated. The dire need to know the Islamic rulings of techniques and systems in place in modern day businesses is not ignored.
Course Code: FIQ221
Credit hours: 3
- Students will be able to state the definition, conditions, and stipulations of the different types of contracts in Islam, differentiating between general trade transactions and detailed transactions.
- Students will be able to list the rulings and conditions of detailed transactions such as Loaning, Mortgage, Guarantee, Surety ship, Commissioning, and Preemption.
- Students will be able to state what Riba (usury or interest) is, its types, and its rulings.
- Students will be able to make presentations defining the types and conditions of different kinds of partnerships, such as Mudharabah & Musharakah, Diminishing Ijarah.
- Students will research and review different mortgaging companies and effectively deliver a presentation on the type of partnership they fall under.
- Students will be able to write an essay on how the system and rulings of Islamic transactions are proper (useful) for all times and places, with examples from the problems of our society today.
- Trade Transactions in general, their conditions, options, Riba (interest or usury)
- Detailed transactions: Loaning, Mortgage, Guarantee, Surety ship, Commissioning, Preemption.
- Different kinds of partnership: Mudharabah & Musharakah, Diminishing Ijarah.
Summary of Fiqh By Sh. Saleh Al-Fawzan
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments: 30% (10 assignments, 3% each)
- Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Final exam: 10%
- Oral exam: 20%
- Research paper: 20%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
1- A part of the course requirements is to submit a research paper, except for certain courses.
2- The chosen topic must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.
3- Joint project / research is allowed, up to 3 students, and upon the instructor’s approval.
4- The paper must meet the following requirements:
- Consider either MLA or APA guides for writing research papers
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadeeth, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
E-Library: Please log in with your user ID & password
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.