QUR323 ANALYTICAL INTERPRETATION OF SURATUL-TAWBAH
This course goes over an analytical interpretation of Suratul-Tawbah of the Holy Qur’an based on classical and contemporary works. Attention will be given to the major themes covered within the Surah, as well as the historical context of the verses, their reasons for revelation, and the relevant Prophetic narrations (Ahadeeth) that further clarify their meanings.
Course Code: QUR323
Credit hours: 3
- Examine the main themes of Surat at-Tawbah based on classical and contemporary works and present them in video presentations, highlighting its lessons, connection between the themes, and offer solutions based on similar trials today.
- Write an essay highlighting the meanings of Allah’s words in Surat at-Tawbah and on the methodology of scholars of Tafseer who interpreted Allah’s Words in the Quran.
- Dispute the allegations against Islam through role play between the instructor and other students, developing and acknowledging various ways of calling non-Muslims to Islam through evidence, reasoning, and wisdom.
- List some of the legislative verses in Surat at-Tawbah, with its historical context and reason of revelation
- Verbally explain, in front of their peers, the verses related to Jihad in proper historical context while refuting terrorist acts with proof.
- Time of revelation, and reasons behind the revelation.
- Different kinds of people in Madinah.
- Finalizing the relationship between Muslims and others.
- Coexistence of various religions in the same community.
- Legislative verses in the Surah.
- Legitimate Jihad verse Terrorist Activities.