AQE302 ISLAMIC CREED II
This course focuses on Islamic Creed. Students cover the category of Tawheed (Oneness of God) in His Names & Attributes (Tawheed Al-Asmaa was-Sifaat). The significance of belief in revelation, Understanding belief in Divine Destiny, Signs of the Last Day and the Day of Resurrection, Status of the Prophet’s Companions, Obedience to Rulers, and Abandonment of Deviants.
Course Code: AQE302
Credit hours: 3
- Explain in a presentation, the principles and rulings, with examples, concerning the correct understanding of the Divine Names and Attributes of Allah, citing proof from the Quran and authentic Sunnah.
- Write an essay regarding the Fifth Pillar of Faith: Belief in the Last Day and its portents, along with its major and minor signs
- Successfully present in front of their peers, an explanation of the Sixth Pillar of Faith: Belief in the Divine Destiny (Qadaa and Qadar).
- Describe the significance of the status of the Prophet’s Companions, with short profile characteristics and their level of Iman, with examples.
- List and discuss the proper rulings regarding obedience to Muslim rulers, judgment with regard to deviants and sinners, what Iman invalidates, and what happens when one converts from disbelief to belief and vice-versa.
a) Basic of Faith; the six pillars of faith in details.
b) Signs of the Day of Judgment; the minor and the major ones.
c) Divine Destiny and how to understand it correctly.
d) What Eemaan invalidates: converting from disbelief to belief and vice versa.
e) Judgment with regard to sinners.