FIQ481 FIQH HANBALY
This course presents an overview of the juristic school (Math-hab) of Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal. A classical Fiqh book that covers all relevant topics on jurisprudence according to Imam Ahmad will be studied in full.
Course Code: FIQ481
Credit hours: 3
Pre-Requisites: Completed 116 Cr.
- Students will be able to count major subjects of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), like purification, marriage, Zakah, transactions…. etc
- Students will be able to write down the Fiqh rulings regarding the above major subjects.
- Students will be able to summarize in their own words the Fiqh rules of the major subjects they studied.
- Students will differentiate between the rulings according to Hanbay Math-hab versus other Math-habs.
- Funeral Rites
- Alms-due (Zakah)
- Commercial Transactions
- Testamentary Bequest
- Marriage & Divorce
- Hunted Games
- Serious Crimes
Mainstay (Umdatul-Fiqh) by Ibn Qudamah Al-Maqdisi
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments: 30% (10 assignments, 3% each)
- Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Final exam: 10%
- Oral exam: 20%
- Research paper: 20%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
1- A part of the course requirements is to submit a research paper, except for certain courses.
2- The chosen topic must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.
3- Joint project / research is allowed, up to 3 students, and upon the instructor’s approval.
4- The paper must meet the following requirements:
- Consider either MLA or APA guides for writing research papers
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadeeth, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
E-Library: Please log in with your user ID & password
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on a weekly basis, in sha Allah.