HAD302 HADEETH SCIENCES
This course focuses on Hadeeth Sciences. Student cover the main principles needed to deal with the Hadeeth literature and methodology. The historical background surrounds the development of this science are taken into account and the methodology of this science that gradually appeared is rendered against its historical environment along with an analysis of its content. The various classification schemes are discussed and how the many developments of the science, although possibly seen independent of each other, are interconnected accumulating finally into a comprehensive critical appreciation of Islamic sources.
Course Code: HAD302
Credit hours: 3
- State the meaning of hadith, its concept, and give proofs of its authority.
- Verbally state the authority and position of the Prophet (peace be upon him) as stated in the Quran, citing references and examples.
- Write an essay on the ways the Prophet taught his Sunnah, the various methods of learning, how ahadeeth were recorded and how they were transmitted and carried from the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) until now.
- Verbally list the Sahaba who were instrumental in carrying memorizing and carrying ahadeeth.
- Explain in a presentation, the concept of Isnad, its conditions, hadeeth terminology related to isnad, its role in the preservation of hadeeth and its impact on the classification of hadeeth.
- Summarize in writing, the various rules used by the Hadeeth scholars for grading Hadeeth according to their reliability.
- Summarize in writing, the history and methodology of hadith criticism, namely its sources and resolutions used
- Orally state the causes of Hadeeth fabrication and its means of elimination.
- Definition of Hadeeth, its concept, and authority.
- Carrying of the Hadeeth knowledge and recording it.
- Isnaad System (chain of transmitters).
- Hadeeth Criticism.
- Fabrication of Hadeeth.
- Early Hadeeth Collections.