HAD312 LEGISLATIVE HADEETH 1
This course goes over legislative hadeeth. Students examine the Prophetic Traditions (Ahadeeth) on the subjects of Purification, Prayers, and Funeral. It explores the status of Ahadeeth in complementing the Quranic verses in matters regarding Islamic legislation, highlighting the distinction between these sources of legislation as they apply to matters such as prayers, their prescribed times, the Adhan (call for prayer), Friday and Eid prayers. A distinction will also be made between the authentic and fabricated Ahadeeth as they relate to Purification, Prayer, and Funeral.
Course Code: HAD312
Credit hours: 3
Pre-Requisites: Completing 9 credit hours of Fiqh classes & HAD302.
- Verbally explain the difference between legislative and non-legislative Ahadeeth.
- Analyze and decipher in writing, various legislative ahadeeth, stating whom they are legislated for.
- Relate in writing, the deduction of Fiqh rules to their two main sources: the Quran & Sunnah.
- Write short essays on the various opinions of scholars in their treatment of these Ahadeeth.
- Make short presentations distinguishing between legislative Ahadeeth that are accepted and rejected based on their degree of authenticity.
- Book of Purification: water, containers & utensils, cleansing of Najasah or (filthiness), Ablution, wiping over the socks, nullification of ablution, etiquette of relieving oneself, ritual ablution, and dry ablution.
- Book of Prayer: time of prayer, call to prayer, prerequisites of prayer, partition in front of the one who is praying, calmness during prayer, description of prayer, different forms of prostrations (sujoud), voluntary prayers, congregational prayer, prayer of the traveler and of the sick, Friday’s prayer, praying during times of fear or danger, Eid (festivals) prayer, prayer during solar eclipse and during drought.
Bulugh Al-Maram by Ibn Hajar Al-Askalany
Additional On-line Readings:
Umdatul-Ahkaam by Abdul- Ghaney Al-Maqdisy (Available in Arabic only)
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments: 30% (10 assignments, 3% each)
- Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Final exam: 10%
- Oral exam: 20%
- Research paper: 20%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
1- A part of the course requirements is to submit a research paper, except for certain courses.
2- The chosen topic must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.
3- Joint project / research is allowed, up to 3 students, and upon the instructor’s approval.
4- The paper must meet the following requirements:
- Consider either MLA or APA guides for writing research papers
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadeeth, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
E-Library: Please log in with your user ID & password
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.