HAD412 LEGISLATIVE HADEETH 2
An examination of Ahadeeth cover the subjects: Marriage & Divorce, Judiciary & Penal Law, and Inheritance. Subjects covered include the status of these Ahadeeth in conjunction with Quranic verses, distinguishing Prophetic Hadeeth from the Quran, and recognizing fabricated Ahadeeth concerning these topics.
Course Code: HAD412
Credit hours: 3
Pre-Requisites: Completing 9 credit hours of Fiqh classes & HAD302.
- Distinguish between legislative and non-legislative Ahadeeth.
- Tie the deduction of Fiqh rules to its main resources: Quran & Sunnah.
- Explore the various opinions of scholars in dealing with these Ahadeeth.
- Categorize the legislative Ahadeeth to accepted and rejected ones based on their level of authenticity.
- Compatibility in Marriage and the Right to choose
- The Dowry / The Wedding Banquet
- Khul’a & Divorce
- Raj’ah & Iddah
- Offender and Apostasy
- Retribution of Fornication
- Penalty for Qadhf
Bulugh Al-Maram by Ibn Hajar Al-Askalany
Additional On-line Readings:
Umdatul-Ahkaam by Abdul- Ghaney Al-Maqdisy (Available in Arabic only)
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Weekly Assignments: 30% (10 assignments, 3% each)
- Attendance: 10%
- Mid-Term exam: 10%
- Final exam: 10%
- Oral exam: 20%
- Research paper: 20%
Guidelines for Research Paper:
1- A part of the course requirements is to submit a research paper, except for certain courses.
2- The chosen topic must be relevant to the course and approved by the Instructor.
3- Joint project / research is allowed, up to 3 students, and upon the instructor’s approval.
4- The paper must meet the following requirements:
- Consider either MLA or APA guides for writing research papers
- Follow the standard research paper structure with a Table of Contents, Abstract or Executive Summary, Introduction, Main Body, Conclusion, List of Reference
- The Main Body should be organized into logical chapters and paragraphs
- When quoting Hadeeth, a notation indicating its authenticity must be clearly
E-Library: Please log in with your user ID & password
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.