MAEF630 ISLAMIC FINANCE PRINCIPLES
This course is comprised of a study of the definition of Islamic finance and its distinctive features, basic transactions according to the Islamic jurisprudence, and the conditions for their soundness. Only (Trade Transactions) will be covered in this course. The sound Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH) is presented with authentic conclusive evidence. Wherever required modern day examples are mentioned and incorporated. The dire need to know the Islamic rulings of techniques and systems in place in modern day businesses is not ignored.
Course Code: MAEF630
Credit hours: 3
- Students will be able to define Islamic finance and identify its distinctive features
- Students will be able to identify the basic business transactions in Islam
- Students will be able to explain the basic rules of business transactions
- Students will be able to introduce the conditions for proper transactions
- Students will know what invalidates different business transactions
- Islamic Finance historical development.
- Principles of commercial laws; circulation of wealth, commoditization, and risk-sharing.
- Defects to avoid: Riba, Gharar, Ghubn, Ghish and Maysir.
- Introduction to different modes of finance.
- Prohibited Conditions in contracts.
- Relationship between economics and finance.