MAEF660 ISLAMIC PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
This course is intended to introduce students to Islamic portfolio management and Investments based on practice of Islamic investing discipline. The course would show the difference between Islamic thinking and practice in the field of investing by shifting attunes towards halal Sharia compliance by enhancing the students’ awareness on general case studies and relate it to contemporary applications. There will be more discussion based on the Malaysian economy in particular as a mature marketplace. This course is an introduction to investment management.
Course Code: MAEF660
Credit hours: 3
- The students will be able to understand the practice of Investment Management.
- The students will be able to understand the different styles of portfolio management.
- The students will be able to understand the development by practitioners to apply the Islamic approach to investment.
- The students will be able to understand the challenges which faces Islamic investment industry.
The outline of the course will build an understanding to Islamic understanding of investments and portfolio management.
- Definition of portfolio management in relation to investments goals and the market place
- Form an understanding to the meaning and the the different types of investments vehicles
- The Challenges of competition and winning performance strategies