MAIE610 TEACHINGS OF THE HOLY QURAN
Teaching the Holy Quran encompasses firstly the memorization of the Quran, revising the old memorization techniques, understanding the meaning, comprehending the Sciences of the Quran, complying with rules required for the proper recitation of the Quran (Tajweed), and most importantly, acting upon the teachings of the Holy Quran.
Students will be trained in using different strategies and techniques to master these six aspects of the course.
Course Code: MAIE610
Credit hours: 3
- To introduce students the importance of the Sciences of the Quran, its status, its evolution and revelation, codification of the Quran and its compilation, the evolution of Tafseer, and its various schools.
- To learn the basic Tajweed rules.
- To learn different techniques in coaching students while memorizing Quran and reviewing the memorization.
- To understand the basics of various branches of the Quran sciences.
- To learn different teaching strategies of the Quran sciences.
- To acknowledge the importance of having the Quran as the source of guidance in our life.