MAIE630 ARABIC GRAMMAR
This course is a basic Arabic Grammar for the non-Arabic speakers and geared toward learning the Quranic language as a main discipline for specialists in Islamic studies. The course covers; part of speech, gender of nouns, numbers, pronouns, verb’s different tenses, constructing sentences, and other topics.
Course Code: MAIE630
Credit hours: 2
Pre-Requisites: Advance fluency in Arabic
- Students will be able to introduce students to the basics of Arabic Grammar.
- Students will be able to provide students with a foundation in simple functional grammatical patterns and the basics for sentence construction.
- Students will be able to familiarize students with the eloquent language of the Quran.
- Part of Speech.
- The Gender of Noun.
- Number of Nouns.
- Ia’rab (Identifying the position of each word in the sentence).
- Different Phrases; Adjective, relative, demonstrative, and genitive phrase.
- Nominal and verbal sentence.
- Regular and irregular verbs.