MAIE630 ARABIC GRAMMAR
This course is a basic Arabic Grammar for the non-Arabic speakers and geared toward learning the Quranic language as a main discipline for specialists in Islamic studies. The course covers; part of speech, gender of nouns, numbers, pronouns, verb’s different tenses, constructing sentences, and other topics.
Course Code: MAIE630
Credit hours: 2
- Students will be able to introduce students to the basics of Arabic Grammar.
- Students will be able to provide students with a foundation in simple functional grammatical patterns and the basics for sentence construction.
- Students will be able to familiarize students with the eloquent language of the Quran.
- Part of Speech.
- The Gender of Noun.
- Number of Nouns.
- Ia’rab (Identifying the position of each word in the sentence).
- Different Phrases; Adjective, relative, demonstrative, and genitive phrase.
- Nominal and verbal sentence.
- Regular and irregular verbs.
Arabic for Learning Quran by Dr. Hamed Ghazali – Booklet prepared by the instructor.
Essentials of Arabic Grammar by Zahoor Ahmad
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Participation: 20% (attending lectures)
- Oral exam: 70%
- Final exam: 10%
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.