MAIE640 TAJWEED SCIENCES
This course covers in full the rules of Tajweed according to (Hafs) recitation style. It is a skill-based course where students are trained to master the application of Tajweed rules, as well as a knowledge-based one. Students are required to study in depth the technical details of this recitation style ( Hafs A’n Asim). Students will be to apply what they know when teaching k-12 students. Therefore, upon completion, students will be able to teach Tajweed to their students, both in the theory and in the practice.
Course Code: MAIE640
Credit hours: 3
Pre-Requisites: Students must pass an oral evaluation test to make sure they obtain at least the basic entry level to take this course.
- Students will be able to cover the basic rules of Tajweed according to (Hafs), sufficiently.
- Students will be able to recite the Quran in a way that retains the correct meaning and the general rules of Arabic Language.
- Students will be able to train learners to teach and help their students to recite Quran accordingly, while acknowledging the different rules of Tajweed.
- Manners when reading Quran.
- Rules of Istia’athah & Basmalah.
- Articulation Points of Arabic letters.
- Rules of the non-vowel Noon & Tanween (double short vowels).
- Rules of the non-vowel Meem, and non-vowel Laam.
- Prolongation of letters.
- Characteristics of Arabic letters.
- Stopping and starting the recitation.
- Different kinds of the letter Hamza.
Arabic speakers have to memorize a total of one Juza (approximately 20 pages of the standard Mus-haf), whether from one place or different places in the Quran.
Non-Arabic speakers have to memorize total of (10) pages.