MAIE640 TAJWEED SCIENCES
This course is a full coverage of the basic rules of Tajweed according to (Hafs) recitation style. It enables graduates to recite Quran reasonably, as well as to deliver the knowledge of Tajweed to their students.
Course Code: MAIE640
Credit hours: 2
- Students will be able to cover the basic rules of Tajweed according to (Hafs), sufficiently.
- Students will be able to recite the Quran in a way that retains the correct meaning and the general rules of Arabic Language.
- Students will be able to train learners to teach and help their students to recite Quran accordingly, while acknowledging the different rules of Tajweed.
- Manners when reading Quran.
- Rules of Istia’athah & Basmalah.
- Articulation Points of Arabic letters.
- Rules of the non-vowel Noon & Tanween (double short vowels).
- Rules of the non-vowel Meem, and non-vowel Laam.
- Prolongation of letters.
- Characteristics of Arabic letters.
- Stopping and starting the recitation.
- Different kinds of the letter Hamza.
Arabic speakers have to memorize a total of one Juza (approximately 20 pages of the standard Mus-haf), whether from one place or different places in the Quran.
Non-Arabic speakers have to memorize total of (10) pages.
Handouts presented by the instructor
Additional On-line Readings:
The links below are provided as a convenience for the students; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Al-Huda University of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. Al-Huda University has no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Participation: 20% (attending lectures)
- Memorization: 20%
- Theoretical Tajweed: 30%
- Practical Tajweed: 30%
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.