MAIE710 MODELS OF TEACHING
This course is designed to introduce students to the main teaching methods/models that are used in education. A deeper analysis of these methods will be presented. Though there are several classifications of these models, a general approach is going to be used in this course to classify and use these models. Upon finishing this course, students will acquire the knowledge necessary to use these models in the classroom and come up with their own models using combinations of these models.
Course Code: MAIE710
Credit hours: 3
- Students will be able to see where the material of this course fits in the overall picture of the teaching process.
- Students will be able to build a mental picture about the different components of teaching and how to make a classification of different models of teaching.
- Students will be able to learn the main components of the direct instruction model, the Socratic model, indirect instruction teaching models such as discovery and inquiry-based models, constructivist models, and other models.
- Students will be able to identify examples of each model.
- Students will be able to identify the main components of each model.
- Students will be able to state when circumstances under which each model can ideally be used.
- Students will be able to identify the circumstances under which each of these models would not be recommended for use.
- Students will be able to come up with their own models using a hybrid of different models.
- Students will be able to write lesson plans for each model.
- Students will demonstrate the skills that enable them to become leaders in the area of using teaching models and its applications in Islamic education.
- Students will be able to state the incremental knowledge they gained that would make them better critical thinkers.
- Students will be able to find out some Quranic and Prophetic models of teaching and use these in Islamic education.