Md Faruk Abdullah
Md Faruk Abdullah has been an educator at Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin in Malaysia since 2017, where he has been imparting knowledge in the fields of Islamic finance, wealth management, Shariah, and Fiqh muamalat, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Moreover, he has played a pivotal role in the development of curricula for undergraduate and master’s programs in Islamic finance. Md Faruk firmly believes in the vocation of teaching as a means of knowledge transmission and the cultivation of future generations. He is dedicated to motivating his students by incorporating real-life examples into his lectures, fostering a sense of responsibility, and promoting mutual respect among peers.
His research endeavors revolve around the creation of Islamic financial products that adhere to the principles of Islamic Shariah, as well as the exploration of classical Islamic financial contracts that hold relevance in the contemporary financial landscape. During his doctoral studies at the University of Malaya, he conducted a study on the concept of “wa’d” (promise) in Islamic law and its practical application in the realm of Islamic banking in Malaysia and Bangladesh. His research findings have been featured in several prestigious journals and book chapters, contributing significantly to the field. Currently, Md Faruk also serves as the associate editor of the Journal of Nusantara Studies, where his expertise and insights continue to enrich the academic discourse in this field.
- Doctor of Philosophy: Islamic Economics, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Chartered Islamic Finance Professional, INCEIF University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Bachelor of Islamic Revealed Knowledge & Heritage: Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Senior Lecturer, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
- Associate fellow, Accounting Research Institute, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam, Malaysia
- Lecturer, Adni Pre-University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Research Assistant, International Shari‘ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tutor, Student Learning Enhancement Unit, International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia