QUR313 QURAN RECITATION & MEMORIZATION 3
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing leaders for the righteous people.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their graduate and undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.
This advanced course covers what has been taken in QUR111 & QUR112. Students must prove comprehending the key rules in Quran recitation including the vocal points of articulation for each Arabic letter and phonics, rules associated with non-vowled Meem and Noon, rules of prolongation of the long vowel letters. Students have to finish memorizing the last Juz (Juz Amma) of the Quran by the end of this course.
Course Code: QUR313
Credit hours: 2
Pre-Requisites: QUR112 or Equivalent
- Students will be able to comprehend and master the application of the Tajweed rules learned in QUR112 during their class reading and recitation
- Students will learn and apply in their recitation, different characteristics of letters and their rulings
a. Non-voweled Meem and Noon
b. Rules of prolongation of the long vowel letters
- Students will be successfully memorize the remaining of the 30th Juza’ Students will be able to read and memorize the remaining Surat from the 30th Juza’ from Surat an-Naba عمّ to Surat al-Inshiqaq الإنشقاق
- Arabic speaking students will successfully read and memorize Juza’ Qad Samia قد سمع in full
- All students will properly recite the Quran in a way that retains the correct meaning and the general rules of phonics.
a) Revising the rules covered in QUR111 & QUR112
b) Reading and memorizing the remaining of the 30 th Juza’ : جزء عمّ , from الإنشقاق to عمّ
Note : Arabic speakers are required to memorize Juza’ ، Kad Samia’ قد سمع in full.
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Participation/Attendance: 20%
- Oral exam: 70%
- Final exam: 10
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.