QUR314 QURAN RECITATION & MEMORIZATION 4
This course goes over Quran recitation and memorization. Student will master the characteristics of letters (Sifaat) will be the focus of this course. Rules of stopping in and beginning of recitation, Humzatul-Wasl, and some other minor topics will be covered as well.
Reviewing Juza’ (Amma) جزء عمّ for non-Arabic speakers, and (Amma), (Tabarak) and (Kad Samia’) جزء عمّ ، تبارك، وقد سمعfor Arabic speakers is what is memorization requirement for this course.
Course Code: QUR314
Credit hours: 2
- Comprehend and master the Tajweed rules learned in QUR313.
- Learn new rules of Tajweed and master their application.
- Identify different characteristics of letters and successfully observe these characteristics during recitation.
a. Mastering the characteristics of letters (Sifaat)
b. Rules of stopping in and beginning of recitation
d. Breathless Pause
e. Stopping on the Ends of Words
f. Female Ha’ Written with a Taa’
- Properly recite the Quran in a way that retains the correct meaning and the general rules of phonics.
- Review Juza’ (Amma) جزء عمّ for non-Arabic speakers, and (Amma), (Tabarak) and (Qad Samia’) جزء عمّ ، تبارك، وقد سمع for Arabic speakers.
- Characteristics of the Arabic Letters.
- Grammar (brief intro).
- Hamzah Al-Wasl.
- Stopping and beginning the recitation.
- Breathless Pause.
- Stopping on the Ends of Words.
- Female Ha’ Written with a Taa’.
- Words written separately and together.
- Special words for Hafs ‘an ‘Aasim min Tareeq Ash-Shatibiyyah.
- Memorizing Juza’ (Amma) جزء عمّ for non-Arabic speakers.
- Memorizing (Amma), (Tabarak) and (Kad Samia’) جزء عمّ ، تبارك، وقد سمعfor the Arabic-speakers.
Grading and Evaluation:
- Minimum passing grade 70%
- Participation/Attendance: 20%
- Oral exam: 70%
- Final exam: 10%
- If sending emails directly to the Instructor, please include appropriate label in the subject line (Action Required/Info/Admin) and allow up to 3 working days for reply.
- Limit telephone communication with the Instructor to the office hours only.
- When leaving a voicemail, please clearly state your name, course code, and contact number.
Log in Instructions:
To attend live – online lectures (on their scheduled time):
Access the course on-line by logging into Online School, accessible from
You will need a user name and password to:
- View the recorded lectures if you missed the live online ones.
- Interact with your teacher and classmates.
- Upload and submit your assignments, research papers, and exams.
- View your grades.
- All attempt must be made to submit assignments by the agreed due dates. Late submissions will be penalized.
- Your work will be checked and graded on weekly basis, in sha Allah.
Guidance College shall be one of the top well-recognized universities in the United States that offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in specialized Islamic fields aiming at preparing moral and well-knowledgeable leaders who provide research-based Islamic alternatives that enable the Muslims to contribute to the success of their country.
Guidance College is the place where students gain their undergraduate degrees in authentic and professional specialized Islamic knowledge that recognizes modern-time realities and allows them to examine different branches of knowledge from an authentic Islamic perspective which enables them to think ethically, logically, analytically, and critically while making responsible and moral decisions aiming at improving the quality of life for all inhabitants of the earth with a full understanding and appreciation of the cultural and human differences.