( ولكم في القصاص حياة ٌ يا أولي الألباب لعلكم تتقون ( البقرة 179
“O men of understanding, there is security of life for you in the law of retaliation, so you may obtain God consciousness”.
This seminar is a consideration for:
- Muslims who want to learn the Islamic Penal Law
- Professors and students of Law
- Activists in Interfaith and comparative Religion dialogues
- People of different Faiths who have misconceptions regarding the Islamic Penal Law
The important teachings in this seminar:
- Definition of “ The Islamic Penal Law ”
- The Divine nature of this law
- Responsibilities of the Muslim State
- Punishable Crimes in Islam: Murder, Bodily Injury, Adultery, Slander, Homosexuality, Theft, Robbery, Drinking Intoxicants, Apostasy, and Rebellion
- Protected aspects in Islam: Religion, Life, Honor, Mind, Property, and Offspring
- Misconceptions pertaining to Criminal Justice and how to clear them
- Statistics regarding violent crimes in the U.S.
- Law of evidence in Islam
In this seminar you will receive a handout summary of the lessons.
This lecture will last up to 4 hours:
- 3 sessions; each of them lasts for 1 hour
- 20 minute break after each session